Dig out that old bike and ELECTRIFY it!...
Either buy your own kit for me to install or let me supply and fit a road legal 250 watt E-bike kit as used by myself to cover over 1340 kms and 2400 metres of ascent/climbing over the last 10 months in all weathers with no problems.
Installation of your E-Bike Kit........................................................................... £145
For me to supply & install a road legal FRONT or REAR
wheel hub E-Bike Kit - LCD display - 5 power levels,
powered by a 36 volt 10 Ah Lithium battery ....................................................£670
12 month parts and labour guarantee.
Various types and size of batteries available
- down tube mounted
- rack mounted
- seat post mounted
- 5 Ah up to 28 Ah batteries available
Various power levels above the UK road legal level (250 watt) also available
NOT FOR PUBLIC ROAD USE:
- 350 watt
- 500 watt
- 750 watt
These kits can be fitted to road, mountain bikes, tandems or trikes.
- No TAX, MOT, INSURANCE required
- Low maintenance and very reliable.
- More practical than a normal bike for shopping, chores etc
- Feels more stable on windy days due to extra weight, especially with an heavier E Mountain Bike
- Headwinds and hills no longer like having teeth pulled.
- More comfortable in the cold and rain as you can carry extra clothing with panniers & handlebar bags because weight is no longer an issue
- You can still have a good workout by trying to do parts or whole of a ride without the motor power so don't view it as cheating as I hear people say. For myself, I'm hoping to keep healthy fit not race fit.
- You can choose quieter safer roads for your rides / commutes as you can now do the big hills (along with off road routes if using an E-Mountain Bike).
- You don't have to wear Lycra so much as its not such a sweaty ordeal. You do still sweat but maybe the extra average speed disperses it better.
- Can be ridden and enjoyed by the young (cant afford a car and insurance but want mobility) and older. Also, we have many E-bikers in the Holmfirth Cycle Club with various health issues and up to age 83 at last count.
- Granted they can be more expensive but to counter this argument, you don't need the latest super lightweight carbon/titanium bike because you have an additional equivalent of Ed Clancy's leg pushing you up the hills. You just need a mid range decent quality road or mountain bike.
- The motor makes a slight humming noise
- The battery may only last 500 to 800 cycles (charge and discharges) but that could equate to many years even if you charge it 2/3 per week as I do for 5 rides. A new battery costs around £200. To fully charge it costs around 12p last time I worked it out. A full charge once lasted me 5 rides with a total of 95km and 2400 metres of ascent / climbing on eco mode.
- Heavier to lift onto a bike rack but I tend to un-clip the battery anyway and store it in the car.
If you have any questions at all please contact me. Above are photos of my E-bike which cost me less than £500 and allows me to do..
- Road biking
- Mountain biking
- Shopping (see pannier photo)
- Camping weekends/holidays
Apart from a tandem (which I'm also hoping to electrify) this is the only bike I have at the moment. The above is just my opinion and I'm sure many will disagree with a lot of what I think. If you have any questions at all please contact me.
Mobile: 07969 051828
Holme Valley Bike Fix Facebook messenger